Company Profile - CGI Group Inc.
|Company:||CGI Group Inc.|
|Address:||1350 René-Lévesque Boulevard West|
Founded in 1976, CGI is among the largest independent IT and business consulting services firms in the world with approximately 74,000 employees worldwide. CGI delivers an end-to-end portfolio of capabilities, including high-end IT and business consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing. CGI’s Intellectual Property (IP) solutions, combined with in-depth industry expertise, a unique client proximity model and best-fit global delivery network enable CGI to partner with clients around the world to accelerate results, transform their organizations, and drive competitive advantage.
CGI delivers end-to-end services that cover the full spectrum of technology delivery; from digital strategy and architecture to solution design, development, integration, implementation, and operations. Our portfolio encompasses:
• High-end IT and business consulting and systems integration: CGI helps clients create their digital strategy and roadmap, adopting an agile, iterative approach that enables them to innovate, connect and rationalize legacy systems to delivery enterprise-wide change.
• Management of IT and business functions (“outsourcing”): Clients entrust us with full or partial responsibility for their IT and business functions.
In return, significant efficiency improvements, innovation and cost savings are delivered. Service and delivery options include onsite, onshore, near-shore and/or offshore, each offering a unique value proposition for clients which helps them digitally transform their organizations and accelerate results.
CGI takes great pride in delivering high-quality services to our clients. We have an outstanding track record of on-time, within-budget delivery as a result of our commitment to excellence and our robust governance model – the CGI Management Foundation – which provides a common business language, frameworks and practices for managing all operations consistently across the globe, driving a focus on continuous improvement. CGI also invests in rigorous quality and service delivery standards (including ISO and Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) certification programs), as well as a comprehensive Client Satisfaction Assessment Program, with signed client assessments, to ensure high satisfaction on an ongoing basis.
Types of Clients
CGI has long standing, focused practices in all of our core industries, providing clients with a partner that is not only expert in IT, but expert in their industries. This combination of business knowledge and digital technology expertise allows us to help clients adapt with shifts in consumer and citizen expectations and market dynamics and, in the process, allows us to evolve the services and solutions we deliver within those industries.
Our targeted industries include:
• Banking and capital markets – Serving clients in the retail banking, corporate and transaction banking, and capital market sectors to drive new digital capabilities and customer-centric, revenue-generating programs
• Government – Through IT modernization and greater access to digital transformation and services, our solutions help clients increase revenue, efficiency and the quality of citizen services, as well as secure complex and large-scale programs from the back office to frontline operations
• Health – Assists health clients in meeting the growing expectations of a digital population in a safe, secure, cost-effective and compliant manner that leverages emerging technology and research ecosystems
• Insurance – Helping property and casualty and life insurers implement innovative digital business solutions across the value chain to differentiate themselves while driving operational efficiencies and cost savings
• Manufacturing – Enabling clients accelerate their Industry 4.0 transformation and streamline and optimize their processes and systems to drive agility and transform business models across engineering, procurement, manufacturing, logistics, marketing, sales and service
• Communications – Working closely with communications service providers to define and implement digital strategies and roadmaps to help them win customers in a highly competitive and regulated market
• Life sciences – Working and partnering with pharma, biotech and medical device companies from early stage development, to data capture, to regulatory submission and even late stage development, to minimize regulator and competitive impacts and maximize revenue potential
• Retail and consumer services – Assisting companies drive digital transformation to enable personalized customer experiences, create new revenue streams, empower employees, and protect against cyber threats
• Utilities – Delivering innovative services and technologies to address distributed energy resources and diversify revenue streams to improve both customer loyalty and bottom lines
• Oil and gas – Helping all major oil and gas companies address market challenges to become digital enterprises by offering innovative ways to realize improvements in reserves productivity, asset utilization, partnerships, compliance and profit generation across the entire supply chain – from exploration and production to retail
• Transportation and logistics – Helping leaders across the aviation, rail, maritime, road and regional transit, and logistics sectors worldwide, with digital expertise and solutions that optimize operations, enhance the overall passenger experience and ensure tight security
Types of Relationships
The hallmark of any successful partnership is a collaborative and transparent working relationship. Our business model is rooted in client proximity, delivering value and our services are supported by the following unique differentiators:
• Client-proximity model: CGI organizes operations within metro markets where clients have concentrated footprints. Our client-proximity model empowers local teams to build strong, trusted, in-person relationships and ensure accountability for delivering client success. Through this proximity, CGI gains deep knowledge of our clients’ businesses and industries and stays attuned to market and cultural needs. It also enables us to delivery innovative solutions proactively, and to grow alongside our clients.
• Domain expertise: Through our focus on 11 industries and dozens of sub-industries, we provide local experts who understand clients’ industries and local business environment. These experts are supported by global insights coming from our network of industry-focused centers of excellence, emerging technology practices and global delivery centers, providing clients with applied innovation, clarity of accountability, and measureable results.
• Intellectual property: CGI’s 175+ digital business solutions support our clients’ mission-critical business functions and accelerate their digital transformation. These industry and cross-industry solutions include digital-enabling software applications, reusable frameworks and innovative delivery methodologies.
• Global delivery network: At CGI, our best-fit global delivery model includes onshore, nearshore and offshore delivery centers that support client-proximity teams in accelerating clients’ transformation. With skilled resources operating under a common governance model, centers are strategically located throughout North America, Europe and Asia Pacific to provide the best mix of services configured to clients’ needs and preferences.
Air Transportation, Discrete Manufacturing, Entertainment and Media, Financial Services (Banking, Markets), Financial Services (Insurance), Government (All Levels), Health Care, Oil and Natural Gas, Pharmaceutical, Retail and Consumer Goods, Telecommunication, Utilities
Australia/New Zealand, Canada, Eastern Europe, India, South America, South East Asia, U.S., United Kingdom, Western Europe
Document Management, Industry-Specific Services, Information/Communications Technology, Transaction Processing