Company Profile - CGI Group Inc.
CGI is among the largest independent IT and BPS firms in the world with approximately 65,000 employees worldwide. CGI operates through our client-proximity business model to work closely with clients at the local level, providing deep industry and technology expertise and high responsiveness and is complemented through CGI's global delivery network.
Our services include:
• Consulting - CGI provides a full range of IT and management consulting services, including business transformation, IT strategic planning, business process engineering and systems architecture.
• Systems integration - CGI customizes particular technologies and applications to create responsive technology systems that answer clients’ strategic needs.
• Management of IT and business functions (“outsourcing”) - Clients delegate entire or partial responsibility for their IT or business functions to CGI. In return, significant efficiency improvements and cost savings are delivered.
Service and delivery options include onsite, onshore, near-shore and/or offshore, each offering a unique value proposition for clients. Typical services provided as part of an end-to-end engagement include: application development, maintenance and integration; technology infrastructure management and transaction and business processing such as collections or payroll functions. At any time, clients can leverage the global footprint and experience CGI offers - cloud services, managed security services or data analytics.
CGI offers clients deep domain expertise across a set of vertical markets in which we have extensive networks of subject matter experts working to support local client relationships worldwide. This allows us to continuously learn and adapt to our clients’ business realities while providing the knowledge and solutions needed to advance their business goals.
CGI offers 150+ mission-critical, IP-based solutions and frameworks for all industries we serve and to support clients’ cross-industry functions. These CGI-developed solutions include software applications, reusable frameworks and delivery methods.
CGI takes great pride in delivering high-quality services to our clients. To do so consistently, we have implemented and continue to maintain the International Organization for Standardization (“ISO”) quality program.
Types of Clients
CGI has long standing, focused practices in all of our core industries, providing clients with a partner that is not only expert in IT, but expert in their industries. This combination of business knowledge and technology expertise allows us to help clients adapt as their industries change and, in the process, allows us to influence the evolution of the industries in which our clients operate.
Our targeted industries include:
• Financial services – Helping market-leading retail and wholesale banks, capital markets and insurers accelerate digital transformation to future business models
• Health – Partnering with clients across health delivery, payment, research, development and regulation to enable better decisions and outcomes
• Government – Helping government clients to innovate to deliver mission-critical digital services
• Communications – Supporting leading communications services providers across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific
• Utilities – Partnering with hundreds of major utilities, including electricity, gas and water clients, transform the digital customer experience and achieve operational excellence
• Manufacturing – Enabling digitalization beyond organizational boundaries in multiple sectors, including mining, metals, pulp and paper, chemicals, aerospace, automotive, high tech, electronics and other industrial products
• Retail and consumer services – Supporting clients in personalizing the omni-channel customer experience through digital business transformation
• Oil and gas – Helping leading upstream and downstream companies extract more value from every aspect of their supply chain
• Transportation – Working with leading aviation, rail, maritime, and road and regional transit clients in improving the passenger experience
• Post and logistics – Helping major postal organizations and logistics strengthen customer focus and achieve cost savings
Types of Relationships
The hallmark of any successful partnership is a collaborative and transparent working relationship. Our business model is rooted in client proximity, delivering value through the following principles:
• Local accountability: We live and work near our clients to provide a high level of responsiveness. CGI local teams speak our clients' language, understands their business environment, and collaborates to meet their goals and advance their business.
• Committed experts: CGI’s professionals have extensive industry, business and technology expertise to help our clients succeed. In addition, a majority of our professionals are company owners, providing an added level of commitment to the success of our clients.
• Global reach: Our local presence is complemented by an expansive global delivery network that ensures our clients have access to the best-fit capabilities and resources to meet their needs 24/7.
• Comprehensive quality processes: CGI’s investment in quality frameworks and rigorous client satisfaction assessments provides for a consistent track record of on time and within budget project delivery.
• Tangible innovation: Our full-offering strategy is complemented by a broad portfolio of services and solutions that enable clients to optimize business operations, better serve customers and drive growth. In close collaboration with clients and partners, we apply cross-industry insights that maximize current investments while taking advantage of new technologies and ideas.
CGI’s business operations are aligned through the CGI Management Foundation, which encompasses governance policies and sophisticated management frameworks that reflect our collective experience and have been developed to make our actions as efficient as possible.
Financial Services (Banking, Markets), Financial Services (Insurance), Discrete Manufacturing, Oil and Natural Gas, Pharmaceutical, Telecommunication, Entertainment and Media, Air Transportation, Health Care, Government (All Levels), Utilities, Retail and Consumer Goods
U.S., Canada, South America, United Kingdom, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, India, South East Asia, Australia/New Zealand
Industry-Specific Services, Transaction Processing, Information/Communications Technology, Document Management